Conservation areas in Hamilton Halton Brant offer cross-country skiers and snowshoers amazing access to Niagara Escarpment trails during the winter months. Some of the region's best trails include:
- Valens Lake Conservation Area - 10 km of trails
- Christie Lake Lake Conservation Area - 10 km of trails
- Terra Cotta Conservation Area - 12 km of trails
- Paris to Brantford Rail Trail - a 14-km trail
- Hilton Falls Conservation Area - 16 km of trails
- Mountsberg Conservation Area - 14 km of trails
- Hamilton to Brantford Rail Trail - a 32-km trail
Equipment rentals at conservation areas make it easy to try out a new winter sport, without having to make the investment in purchasing your own equipment first.
Cross-country ski equipment is available for rental at Hilton Falls Conservation Area and Terra Cotta Conservation Area.
Snowshoes are available for rental at Pinehurst Lake Conservation Area, Terra Cotta Conservation Area and Crawford Lake Conservation Area.
To learn more about skiing and snowshoeing in Hamilton Halton Brant
, browse the partners listed on our Skiing page
You can also read a blogger's account of her snowshoe outting at Crawford Lake Conservation Area